Everyone is aware that the more you care for your vaginal health, the more chance you have a good and safe birth. Indeed, even a few little changes or abnormal things which happen to the vagina you also should take into consideration. It sounds simple but actually these problems are not so easy for all people to notice.
What is Vaginal Discharge?
Above all else, you need to understand that having vaginal discharge is completely normal, this kind of discharge can be regarded as a protection of your lady part. In fact, the mucous membranes in your vagina will secrete some plain mucus which is responsible for maintaining pH level and fighting off harmful germs. So what is abnormal? The strange things are when you experience an excess amount of vaginal discharge together with itchiness and pain.
What Causes Vaginal Discharge?
The key reason for the presence of excessive discharges is an overgrowth of bacteria inside your vagina that causes infection. Other common causes are perhaps lack of hygiene, unhealthy lifestyle behavior, change in hormone, bad toilet paper or some chronic diseases. Besides, you might endure this uncomfortable condition when you are pregnant or on your period. In the case of pregnancy and menstruation, it only lasts a couple of days, thus you don’t have to concern about it. However, if due to other causes, you had better apply popular home remedies in this article to deal with vaginal discharge immediately.
What are the Symptoms of Vaginal Discharge?
The symptoms of vaginal discharge are really easy and simple to realize, some of them are listed below:
- Excess secretion of vaginal discharge
- Throbbing pain
- Stinky odor
Home Remedies for Vaginal Discharge
As you know, banana is one of the healthiest foods on this planet that you should consume it more often. It is loaded with huge quantities of vitamins, nutrients, calcium and potassium. Hence, we don’t need to tell you how beneficial it is for your health. The amazing thing is a great effect of banana on treating excess amount of vaginal discharge. Daily consumption of banana will help you keep the pH level in your vagina under control and ease itchy condition effectively. Otherwise, this food also can nourish the body and improve the quality of your sleep.
How to use
- Consume 1 – 2 ripe banana on a daily basis to stay away from vaginal discharge.
- Or you enjoy a delicious banana smoothie with some yogurt and honey. It doesn’t take much time to prepare and the result could be beyond your expectation.
- Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil deserves its claim as a natural and useful treatment for many women’s health problems because of its antiseptic property. Indeed, tea tree oil can work well with vaginal discharge, it has an ability to reduce the inflammation, irritation and pain in your vagina. However, the antiseptic effect of tea tree oil is quite powerful, so you must not rub it directly on your skin.
How to use
- First, take 1 – 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil and dilute it with a cup of warm water. Stir it up and use this liquid to wash your infected areas. Remember to do the solution 2 – 3 times a week as needed.
- Another option is to add 2 – 3 tablespoons of this essential oil to the bath, soak the whole body in it for 15 – 20 minutes. Then clean it off with fresh water. You can repeat the tip daily until the excessive discharges go away.
Cranberry is widely considered as one of the most useful home remedies for vaginal discharge. With the antioxidant quality in cranberry, it can help you kill harmful bacteria, restore the balance of pH level inside your vagina quickly. In addition, daily intake of cranberry juice supplies your body with a great amount of water as well as supports immune system.
How to use
- Take some cranberry juice and mix it with one-quarter cup of water. You can add a little sweetener or sugar to enhance the flavor. Drink the liquid every day to get rid of vaginal discharge.
- Alternatively, you can take cranberry supplements only after asking your doctor for medical advice.
- Fenugreek Seed
Fenugreek seed is a natural home remedy for vaginal discharge that you can easily try right at home. On one hand, fenugreek seed is able to balance your hormones gradually and lower the risk of vaginal discharge. On the other hand, this seed also can decrease the pain and irritation which you face with after your menstruation. It is very wonderful to follow fenugreek seed remedy when you suffer from vaginal discharge.
How to use
- Prepare 1 – 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and pour them into a glass of water
- Allow it to sit overnight
- Afterward, remember to have it strained and take the fluid in the next morning
- Repeat the method frequently until there is a good result.
- Indian Gooseberry
You may wonder how this small herb can help you get rid of vaginal discharge. The answer is due to its great sources of vitamin C and other beneficial nutrients. As you can see, vitamin C plays an important role in boosting your immune system which helps reduce inflammation along with throbbing pain. Additionally, Indian gooseberry includes a huge quantity of antioxidants, so it has good effect on soothing irritation and itchiness productively.
How to use
- Eat some Indian gooseberries on a daily basis to fight off bacterial infection.
- Another way is to extract some gooseberries to get the juice. Mix it with some honey and yogurt to create a mixture. Then consume it daily as needed.
Neem, also known as Indian lilac, is quite effective in treating excess secretion of vaginal discharge. Due to the antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory substances in neem, it can aid you in relieving many bad symptoms associated with bacterial infection.
How to use
- Wash 3 – 4 neem leaves and add it to a cup of water
- Boil it up until the water lessens to half
- Clean your inflammatory areas with this liquid
- Keep doing the trick regularly and you no longer have to worry about vaginal discharge.