Onion breath is a disease that is not dangerous to health and life, but it pretty much affects the ability to communicate and social life. Especially for people with severe onion breath, they are afraid of contacting with other people, become depressed or some other restrictions. This article will provide you knowledge about some home remedies for onion breath.
Try to image you are having an important meeting but you are about to blow it up with onion breath? Don’t panic, the following home remedies for onion breath’s tips may help you freshen up your breath.
Lemon is considered as one of the most effective home remedies for onion breath. It is consumed as a quick way of removing onion breath. Scientists proved that lemon provides a huge amount of citric, which can defuse onion breath. Moreover, citric is also used as a common ingredient in chewing gum. As chewing gum is famous for its great advantages over onion breath, lemon also plays a key role in getting rid of this disease.
- Firstly, squeeze a lemon and take the juice (about 1 tablespoon) then mix it with a small cup of water.
- Gargling your mouth with the mixture for 2 or 3 times per day.
- Drink a cup of lemonade mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey daily.
Lemon is very easy to find in the supermarket nearby. It is the most common fruits in the world. Not only it helps you abolish onion breath, it also alleviate such problems as dehydration. Also, lemon is a well-known method for treating some teeth-related problems such as dry socket.
- Baking soda
One of the most incredible health benefits of baking soda is treating some common oral-related issues. Baking soda is very beneficial for odor removal. It makes our teeth whitener and contributes deeply on preventing onion breath. In fact, it helps avoid bacteria from increasing, which leads to a reduction in creating bad breath. This is the reason why it is among top natural home remedies for onion breath.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of sea salt, 1 teaspoon of baking soda and a cup of lukewarm water together.
- Gargle 2-3 times per day for the best result.
Not only does baking soda contribute as an amazing factor to removing onion breath but also it helps eliminate the aroma from other parts of your body.
- Green tea
Another home remedy for onion breath is green tea. An amazing way to kill onion breath is adding green tea to your daily meal. Just a little bit of green tea can easily abolish the sulfur content in bad breath because it provides us with anti-oxidants and polyphenols content, both of which are extremely powerful. Therefore, onion breath will evaporate immediately.
- All you need is a hot glass of water and a teaspoon of green tea powder.
- Cover the glass then let it steep within 5 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and add a little honey into it.
- Drink this beneficial tea to avoid onion breath, 2-3 times per day will bring the best result.
- Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contributed as a great home remedy for onion breath. Similar to lemons, baking soda, apple cider vinegar plays an important role to demolish bacteria. Hence, it can support us to neutralize the onion breath.
- Take half a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with a glass of lukewarm water. Gargle your mouth 3-4 times, each time about 10 seconds before split it out.
- OR mix ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon of honey, 3 drops of tincture of myrrh, 3 drops of clove oil with a little hot water. Rinse your mouth with this mixture 2 times per day to getting rid of onion breath.
If you are still seeking some best home remedies for onion breath, do not forget mint. Mint is a natural herb that can give you the best result. Many people tried the method of using mint as their solution to onion breath. Mint not only clears your onion breath but also brings you the refreshing feeling. The chlorophyll and anti-septic loaded with mint are great fighters against the onion breath.
- Grab a teaspoon of smashed mint leaves and a cup of hot water. Cover the cup then let it steep in 10 minutes. Strain the liquid then add a teaspoon of honey. Consume this beneficial tea a few times to avoid onion breath.
- Another way is to chew some crushed fresh mint leaves, this is a very easy and effective way. It will give the best result if you chew it right after the meals.
- Mint is also famous for its flavor so that it is used in creating minty flavor for chewing gums, candies. These are good for getting rid of onion breath too.